Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sleep? What's that?

Man, sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day. I'm usually up really late at night, and I don't get a full night's sleep most of the time. But mainly, it's because I have kids and a house and a hubby to take care of. So I have to do my writing late at night.

Ah well. I love writing. I'd rather be writing than sleeping in all honesty. :P

But last night was fun; I got to chat with Dawn from Inara Press. She lives about 40 miles away from me, and her husband is in one of my husband's D&D games. (Dungeons and Dragons). In fact, our mutual friend, Mike Sigler, was one of her cover artists for a time. He is the one who made my cover for Hearts Eternal.

Anyhow, she tagged along with her hubby and we yakked long into the night. She's very saddened to have let Inara Press go, but it was something that needed to be done. But she's a great person, and I know I'll have a friend in her for a good, long time. She's the only person in the "biz" that I've met face to face, and so odd that we "knew" of each other, but never knew our hubbies got together each Friday for their game night. LOL We emailed eachother one day and was like "Whoa, that's YOU??" haha!

Small world.

But I found out that my book will now be published at Samhain Publishing! So that's wonderful news. It was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. There's too much going on there to ignore. I really feel priviledged that they picked up my book (and two of my short stories). :D It just kind of dropped in my lap, you know? I have a few author friends who are trying hard to get in to Samhain, and I just breezed past them in the door. I feel kind of bad because I know they reallyreallyreally want to be there, and here I was, looking the other way when I suddenly found the opportunity in my lap. Literally. LOL

But the "biz" is also about who you know. And even though Hearts Eternal was never actually released at Inara, I think my time there was definately a stepping stone to get in with Samhain. In a way, it kind of sucks for those authors who are trying hard to get their submissions in front of the right editor who will sign them. Then again, I'm not going to pass this up! Take what you can get!

I really think this will mean big things for me and my career as an author. I don't mean to sound pretentious, but the potential is there to sell, and sell well.

We shall see . . .

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home