Becka's Babble

Ramblings of a Romance Writer

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's Wednesday. Have you blogged today?

Welcome to my ramblings. I realized in my handful of blogs, that I don't have a place for me to just shoot the breeze, tell of things I've done, and just log what the heck I'm doing when I'm not writing. Yippee, another device for procrastination! :D

So let's get started yakking about my boring life.

I had to call the doctor today for my son. He's been sniffling since the beginning of April. The doc thought he had a sinus infection and gave him medication for him. Turns out the medication is made with amoxicillin, in the penicillin family. Yup, my son is allergic. He had a horrid allergic reaction with hives ALL over his body. However, the medication failed to cease the sniffles. Doc told me to put him on Benedryl.

But he's never had "allergies" before. DH and I decided to take him to an allergist to find out "what" he's allergic to. If it's pollen, I can feel better about giving him Benedryl. But what if, God forbid, he's allergic to my cats? Let's hope it does not come to that. Tough choice... the boy or the cats? Well, we've had the cats for longer, so does seniority count? :P

I doubt we'd have to get rid of the cats. He has nothing more than runny nose and itchy eyes. No hives or swollen throat or glands, so that's a good thing.

Phone guy came today. Now, we are 100% online. Our phone is now on the Internet. Pretty cool that Comcast offers that, eh? Now, no more long distance charges! Yay! AND, I can check my voicemail online. I love technology. Now, I'm going to get my cable, internet, and telephone bill all in one. Convenient!

Took the kids to Karate class today and I got some writing done. Sad to think the only time I can find during the day to write is when I'm sitting on the couch in the lobby of the dojo with a pen and a notepad... A few people looked at me, like "what is she doing?" but never asked me. I'm hoping maybe it will be a segue for me to actually talk about my writing there. :P I don't think anyone knows I'm "the" Rebecca Goings. LOL As if I'm famous. Pshaw. I did give my card to a lady there, and she looked interested, but has never spoken of it since. So hey, I'm shy, what can I say? I've never been one to shout to the world how great I am. Maybe online, but in real life, I pass by opportunities to blab all the time.

Alas, it is 10:30 p.m. and I need to decipher my chicken scratch into my manuscript for Jareth's story HEARTS UNBOUND into the computer. Since I've been online for years now, my handwriting has gone to pot. Ah well, what can you do? I hate writing longhand. It's so passe. LOL

~~Becka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home